Hello! Sorry for the lack of updates. I wasn't doing anything interesting and neither did anything interesting happen to me. But today, something interesting happened. Memajal jua interesting things ku ani ah?

Anyway, today we had a three hour break between our first and second lecture, so Ervy and I decided to go to the city to buy sports gear we need for tomorrow. Spent a good 30 minutes going through a huuuuuuge shop to find what we needed. Then we went to McD's for fish fillets and Sitabak for coffee (so that we could stay awake during our afternoon 2-hour lecture). Skali we went to Victoria Centre where I fell under the temptation of buying bargains! Accessorice gloves were selling at 70% off so I had to grab two pairs of 3-pound gloves! And then di Tofshof I saw a 10 pound leather bag that I could wear to uni. I got 10% off that as well using my NUS card. Hoho, bargain!!!

Skali we wanted to go back to uni kan to make it for our 1pm lecture. Ervy and I decided to be adventurous and hopped onto a bus we don't usually use (but today we used it because the bus stop was right outside Vic centre) but thought was going to Uni. Sekali, rupanya the Uni entrance it stopped at was wayyyyyyyyy jauh from where the Law and Social Sciences building is. So we stayed in the bus thinking it would go to our intended stop. Rupanya inda. We actually got to Kampung Lenton! So we thought, that was it, we're going off the bus. Skali jalan punya jalan, nampak tia usul-usul uni. yang familiar. We huffed and puffed for a good 30 minutes (naik bukit yang steep x infinity kali ah) and got to the lecture hall 5 mins early even! Sakit jua badan lah. We could've saved energy and walk for 5 minutes from the bus stop to the law building if we took the correct bus really.

Oh yeah, I needed sports gear because... unlike MMHJ, who celebrates Brunei's National Day by dancing under the sun to show his patriotism, I am going paintballing at Cosford (near Birmingham) tomorrow (Saturday)!!! Yayyy, I cannot wait. It's organised by Bruneians studying in Birmingham. It's actually a tradition. They have been organising this event for 9 years in a row to celebrate Brunei's National Day. Inda plang ku paham how it shows patriotism but I'm joining for the fun of it. So tomorrow morning, I will be going off to Cosford with 30 or so Bruneians from Nottingham by coach. Yippee!!!

To give Bapa and Babu an idea of what paintballing is, nah:


Don't worry, they're not real guns. We're only going to shoot people (and be shot) with encapsulated paint.

Tonight I have to go to Portland Building as we have another meeting (according to) regarding the Easter Games. I'm excited to announce to everyone that I've raised a massive amount of money for the event. Because this morning, I got another email from another organisation who is interested to fund it. Credit also goes to Bapa, of course.

Okay, that is all. Kan masak corned beef ku.



This entry was posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: