My conversation with Bapa on the phone 2 nights ago:

Bapa: Bahapa kau?
Me: Belajar...
Bapa: Belajar sipir kah???

Bapa thinks I'm still in primary 2!!!

Hello everyone, I just came home from my weekend trip to London with A & F. Ngalih! We went to and from London by coach and both journeys felt like they took forever. The fare was about half of a train fare but I'm not sure if I'll ever use the coach to London again... Sooooo uncomfortable.

We arrived in London on Saturday at 11PM at Victoria Coach Station and from there, we took the tube to Paddington, where we checked into Brunei Hall for 1.80 pounds. Cheapest accommodation in London ever! But beware of the fact that the price reflects the quality of the transit room hoho. Actually, the room looked clean and we didn't need to use the cheap bedsheets we bought from Primark as the provided bedsheets seemed hygienic enough.

Then, we took the tube to Bayswater to go to C&R. I thought it was my first time going there but once I stepped in, I realised I have actually eaten there 4 years ago with Kaka. I wanted to order the Cantonese Duck Rice but it turned out that their duck wasn't halal so I ordered Char Kway Tiaw instead and also iced teh tarik (nyummmm!!!). Everything was delicious but the price didn't reflect the portion. The Kway Tiaw was so sikit for something worth 7 pounds!

After lunch, the girls wanted to see Knightsbridge so I played tour guide and showed them the way by tube. The girls had a lot of fun - A loved looking at rich people's cars & F loved looking at designer goods. One of us made a big purchase at a designer store! Not me, I could only afford to look and admire. The only purchase I made at Knightsbridge was a Lemon Cupcake from Lola, Harrods. Nyummy! While walking around, A saw someone bringing a Hummingbird paperbag (it's a famous cupcake shop) and said she wanted to go there. So I texted FN and asked for directions. Off we went to South Kensington... There was a longgggg queue at Hummingbird but we got our cupcakes in the end! They got their red velvet cupcakes and I got a Nutella cupcake (I've already tasted their red velvet before).

Then we decided to go back to BHall because we were dead tired. It was very difficult trying to go back by tube because massive crowds were thronging the tube stations, trying to get home too by that time. It didn't help also that a lot of the lines were closed due to repair and maintenance so we had to make a lot of tube changes. It was frustrating. At one point, I even lost A & F in the crowd. I panicked for a few minutes because there wasn't phone signal underground so I scampered around, retraced my steps and found both of them. Apparently, I left them behind oops sometimes the fast London crowd sweeps me away! Anyway, we eventually reached Bhall and freshened up before going out again.

That night we ended up at Baywater again, at an Arabic restaurant where we had sweet desserts (hehe) and hot tea. We didn't stay long because we had to sit outside and it was so cold! We didn't order dinner either because I've eaten there before and it's not nyaman. So we went to the nearest halal Subway to order our fav, Italian BMTs, which we ate back at the hall.

We had an early start to the day today. We woke up at 6 and went on Heathrow Express (because the tubes weren't functioning yet) to Heathrow Airport to pick up A's sister, M, who will be staying with her in Nottingham for a month. After A & M were reunited, we lugged her luggages underground. We didn't use the Heathrow Express to go back to Bhall because the tubes were already functioning and M didn't have a Young Persons card that makes Heathrow Express' fare cheaper. It wasn;t very difficult bringing her 2 luggages and 1 box because there were 4 of us altogether. I remember bringing my heavy luggages alone when I came back to UK this January and it was frustrating, especially where there weren't any escalators in the stations and I had to carry my luggages up the stairs among the crowd. Big mistake! Next time, I'm taking the Heathrow Express even though it's a bit expensive.

After leaving M's stuff at Bhall, off we went to Baywater again to eat at Halal Restaurant. We actually wanted to go to the halal Nando restaurant there but we were too hungry to walk all the way to Nando's and Halal Restaurant was so near to the tube station, where we got out of from. After breakfast, I brought them to Westfield. I bought a shirt from Zara... oops. We only spent about 1.5hrs there as we needed to get back to BH to pack our stuff and be at Victoria Coach Station for our 330PM departure. It was raining heavily in London and we were soaked to the bone. But we arrived safely at the station by 3PM.

The journey took almost 4 hours because there were a lot of stops. And now, here I am, home alone! I am soooo tired. Thank goodness I only have a 4PM lecture tomorrow. Yay bulih akhir bangun!

Ok everyone, enjoy your Maulud Nabi holiday.

PS (JJ): Nanti ku cuba recipe Ayam Kurma babu... ayam ku habis, sudah ku free aku bali ayam halal di Beeston.
PPS (LBJ): Agatah belajar..."ilmu pelita hidup" hoho


This entry was posted on Monday, March 09, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: