Hello, I am so tired!

Last night we had a meeting at the Sports Centre from 7 to 10pm just to get things sorted out and ready for the Easter Games. Then the girls and I went to my house to cook buttermilk chicken. They only went home at 12 midnight and I could only sleep at 3am. Two hours later, 5am, I was up again!!! Went to F's house with A to make sandwiches for the VIPs (breakfast wasn't catered for). When that was done I walked to Fathin's house, hung out a lil bit and took the taxi to the Sports Centre for the Big Day i.e. Easter Games.

I was the chairperson of sponsorship committee as well as a volunteer of the VIP commitee so my job was to welcome and entertain the VIPs. So after welcoming them to the venue, I brought them upstairs for breakfast... then downstairs for the opening ceremony... The GoH's speech was cool, because he mentioned me but said "I'm not naming names but she's a lawyer" lol. After the opening ceremony, I brought the VIPs around to watch the football matches as well as netball matches. Pity we didn't have time to go to the other campus for badminton matches. After that, we took a minibus to the Lakeside Arts Centre where there was an Islamic Arts Workshop by an artist invited by our GoH. I was really nervous about people not turning up to participate in the workshop but it turned out that a lot of (mostly muslim) international students turned up yayy. There was a couple of seats left though and GoH made me sit down and take part! I think it was because no Bruneians were participating in the workshop. I was stuck in there for 2 hours painting! The artist taught us to paint art traditionally used in Qur'ans. It was interesting but I also discovered that I don't have the patience and concentration to do art! Since I was stuck in there for 2 hours coz it'd seem rude to just walk out with a half-finished art, I missed the VIP luncheon organised by the Intenartional Office at the Vice-Chancellor's dining hall bohoo. Anyway, I walked back to the Sports Centre alone after I was done with the workshop and watched football and netball matches!

Siukkk. Our society didn't win big but one of our netball teams got to be the champions! Wohoo.

By the way, our Easter holiday has started. It's from 20th March to 20th April so no uni tomorrow yayy! But we have an appreciation lunch for the Games committee and volunteers tomorrow. Free food!

K bye.


This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: