Hello, people of Serasa! I just got back from my trip to Leeds. Fathin and I stayed at Steph's flat for 4 days and 3 nights. It was so much fun! Nottingham is so kampung compared to Leeds - everything is bigger there. Another thing I loved was how easy it was to find cheap halal food. I had a feast! And they had a really big oriental market, where I got stuff like Chicken Rice paste, dried shiitake mushrooms and wonton noodles. Anyway, here are random pictures from my visit..

Some guy trying to lure people into the store by performing on the window display. Silly thing was noone could hear a thing from outside. Maybe that was the point, I don't know.

We found a small quaint shop selling vintage goods not very far away from Steph's flat. It was really cool. We found telephones dating back to the 1940s, handbags from the 1920s and actual written postcards from the 1960s. I don't know what that picture is of though. Anyway, I didn't get anything. Takut ku barang-barang di sana atu ada spirit hoho.

Near to the vintage shop was this cute little mediterranean cafe that had purple exterior. We ordered vegetarian paninis, mine was Feta & Olives panini, not realising that all the food was halal until Fathin saw arabic transcripts hanging in the kitchen.

On our third day, we decided to take a day trip to York by train. It only took about half an hour. We went to the Designer Outlet. Siuk brabis! Most of the stuff were selling at much cheaper prices than in retail. I got all the men in my life some new clothes. I got Bapa a polo shirt from Hugo Boss, French Connection shirts for MMA and MMH, and a RL polo shirt for Mr H. And look at that cute outfit for Baby Aqil!!! Hehe a polo shirt with matching shorts from Baby Gap. Hemsem tu kalau Aqil pakai! Unfortunately, all of you will have to wait til Summer to get all the goodies hoho.

A pretty little box of Lemon Cheesecake with Ginger Crumbs from Pret-A-Manger in York.

The day we had to go back to Notts, we had lunch at Saffron, a Persian restaurant near the coach station. Pictured is my Lamb Kebab with buttered rice. It was sooooooo nice! Nothing like the halal food here in Notts.

Now I'm back in ol' Notts, too full from Indomie and too tired to study. Isuk ku blajar ah, I promiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Don't worry JJ, I didn't completely neglect my studies while I was in Leeds. Steph takes Law there and I managed to copy some notes off her.

K bye!

p/s: Mana gambar Baby Aqil baru?



This entry was posted on Sunday, April 12, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: